Be an e-tailPR blogger

Wednesday 2 January 2013

Completely in love

I'm so in love with maxi-midi skirts and dresses. I love the idea that you can accessorise them with anything and they still look formal and classy. I recently bought a plain black midi dress and a gold glitter midi skirt and I can't wait to wear them both. I wore the gold glitter midi skirt to a New Years Eve party as a touch of glitter is compulsory for a NYE outfit.

Designers including Louis Vuitton, Celine and Prada featured midi skirts on their 2012 catwalks, perfect for spring and winter. The trend was originally popularised in the 1970's, and as always fashion repeats itself so again the 'tea length skirts' have made their comeback.

With a cut below the knee, these midi's are so versatile and flattering. What's not to love about them? They're perfect for day to night wear and come in all different styles and patterns. Personally I prefer the bodycon style midi's that flatter curves and are classy with 'more left to the imagination'. Although I've said midi's are very formal they can also be toughened up and dressed down with simple accessories; try a leather jacket, or converses to start. I basically live in my leather jacket and converse so this will no doubt be the route I'll be taking over the winter and spring. I'd also team my midi dress with a pair of boots to go shopping or be casual, and in the winter months a beanie would fit right in.


Midi dresses and skirts do not have to be plain, many designers mix it up with patterns and vibrant colours. My favourites are Topshop; they also do patterns that are 'interesting' and not at all plain. Perfect if you want to stand out in the crowd. This dramatic pattern certainly ticks all the boxes for me! 

The only disadvantage I'd say about midi's is the clear speeding restrictions it has. If you're planning on being late, avoid the midi. Also, if many flights of stairs are involved, avoid altogether. The bodycon style doesn't exactly let you walk fast with ease.

Other than this I'm in complete awe of the creation and cannot wait to buy more, and become sophisticated!!





No comments:

Post a Comment